Thursday, November 14, 2013

October Review

It was an exciting time when our M&M countdown hit the one day left mark!  We each ate an M&M a day since March {someone may have eaten a few more to adjust the countdown appropriately when she knew he was actually on a plane home}.



Reunited.
It doesn't feel good-
it feels AWESOME!



We went to the zoo together.



We celebrated Mr. YH's 40th birthday.
He's not a party kind of guy, so we took him out for sushi.




We visited the pumpkin patch.








Mr. YH and I celebrated 13 years of marriage.
A sweet friend kept our kids for the weekend.
That was a huge gift to us since it rarely happens that we have 
someone we can trust to watch the children or that we're in a place
we can trust the medical care in case something happens.
And if you've read for any amount of time, 
you know my kids and the ER are BFFs.

I planned this parents only trip before he came home.  
I wanted something simple and quiet, 
so I rented a cabin in the woods in Hot Springs.



We had good food and a great time exploring the area together and relaxing.
On Sunday morning, we went to Garven Gardens.




We had to make a stop at a store on the way home.  
My husband makes me laugh so hard.



I began to pack the kids' clothes while they were at AWANA.
We had planned a family vacation as a celebration of the end of 
the deployment and didn't tell them where we were going...



The church fall festival raked in a fair amount of sugar.


It was the best month of this year!

5 comments:

  1. So happy for you! Love the pumpkin patch pix! Praising The Lord he made it back safe and sound! Happy thanksgiving! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, love the review! So glad Mr. YH is home and all is well. Please tell him thank you from me for his service.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, look at the pure joy in all those smiles! So glad for your wonderful fall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Tara, for stopping by & leaving that very thoughtful comment. I loved your perspective and you are so right. Things have changed drastically. I'm so grateful to be blessed like I have been with this blog and making it a business. I think most people understand that (at least most of my readers do) and I've gotten such great support over the years, with what I've lived through. Thank you for saying those words so eloquently. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete